9.06.2011

First Day of Preschool

Our baby is off to school. That's right, Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, Max will be with Miss Katie and his new friends. This is going to be an amazing adventure for Maximus. And he is so ready! He walked into his classroom confident, excited and ready to try something new. All traits I love about our little man. 


The first day of school simply consisted of an hour-long orientation. Half of the time, we stayed in the room with him, the rest we split up giving Max time to get acclimated to his new classroom. As some of the children sat on their mommy's laps clinging to them for dear life, our boy started exploring the room and would periodically look over his shoulder and give us the eye as if to say, "aren't you leaving yet?" 


So maybe this school thing is going to be harder on me than it is him. I love spending my days with Max. He is funny and adorable (and I should mention strong-willed most of the time.) But, this school thing is going to be great for him. 


So cheers to growing up my little man! I am so proud of you!


2 comments:

  1. Yay Max! You are going to be the little charmer and teachers pet! I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! What a little heartbreaker. Love him :)

    ReplyDelete