12.03.2009

Mama's New Shoes

A girl's best friend: shoes.
Or is it diamonds?
Well, just to be safe. A girl's best friend is shoes and diamonds.

Today I will be talking about one of my best friends: shoes. Doesn't every girl love a new pair of shoes. Well, I received a box from Piperlime.com [ahhhhhhhh] this afternoon and couldn't wait to rip it open.

**On a sidenote, isn't this so funny? I mean, I already knew what was in the box. I ordered it. Myself. Just the other day. But, when the glorious box shows up on the doorstep [thank you UPS man, I heart you], I get that giddy feeling all over again. Please tell me you can relate.**

OK, back to the story at hand. My little sidekick, Max, is also excited to see what is in the box. O little man, it is shoes, sweet shoes. I know my love of shoes has definitely rubbed off on Max. I am certain I have shared that with you before. So, much to my delight, Max squealed with excitement when I opened the box and pulled out a brand.new.pair.of.tennis.shoes.

Now, I only buy a new pair of tennis shoes once every other year. So, I labor over the purchase since I know I will be wearing them for a longtime to come. These shoes? They did not disappoint. [Mizuno's...in case you are wondering.]

And can I mention that these shoes were worth every penny. Every. Penny. And I haven't even worn them yet.

Why, you ask?

They kept Mister Max's attention for 45 minutes. Yep, that's right. Forty-five minutes. Just in case you didn't catch that. He played and tried on my new shoes for 45 minutes [I am pretty sure that calculates to like 3.5 years in dog years]. He was.Totally. Completely. Captivated. And who could blame him?

Here is a short clip of him concentrating to put them on and tie them up.



And one photo of him successfully getting both new shoes on at the same time! Well done Max. You made mommy proud!



3 comments:

  1. Ok I am LOVING Max's new hair! He looks so old! Oh I just want to squeeze him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've def already gotten your money's worth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. That is adorable.

    2. Please tell Elaine that her couch vacuum lines translate nicely to YouTube. :o)

    ReplyDelete