10.30.2009

Little Things

I know. This picture probably doesn't mean much at first glance. But, as I walked through our Mud Room today, I was overwhelmed at the sight of little shoes. And these little shoes were in my house and belonged to my son. Completely. Utterly. Overwhelmed.

My every day life now consists of...
Folding little clothes fresh out of the dryer.
Filling little sippy cups with milk, juice and water.
Cleaning up little toys and books and puzzle pieces.
Calling little friends over for play dates.
Giving little hugs, kisses and hand pounds.
Taming little golden curls that can be quite unruly.
Scrubbing little toes clean in the bathtub.
Whispering in little ears, "I Love You."
And of course, lining little shoes up by the door.

It's the little things that help remind you of the big things, you know? Where you have been. Where you are going. And the journey that makes up the in between.

Amazing how a pair of little shoes could be so inspiring.

8 comments:

  1. So true! I'm Loving all these little things too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple and touching post. I loved it! You are so blessed to have a healthy "baby" boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! The way Max is growing he will be wearing bigger shoes than you by next year! I too am trying to take in all these moments as they will pass us by so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so fun when the little things show up to be the biggest things we could have ever dreamed of!
    I love you girl and I love this post!!
    I am going to go grab my little things right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet!! What a great (daily) reminder of God's faithfulness and sovereignty!

    Thank you Lord for answered prayers and fulfilled promises!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post! And so very very true. there are so many little things every day that remind me of Gods love and faithfulness. and the shoes by the door, gets me every.time.

    hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, thanks for that post! There's just something I don't mind about finding "little" socks laying around :) So thankful for the little things in life!

    ReplyDelete